Role of production shift executive / in charge / officer is critical in biscuit production unit ,one can easily say that he becomes the nerve centre for all activities in plant where he has to ensure the production as per production plan. Skills includes technical as well as soft skills on personnel front .
1. Pre mixing section plant wise water quantity, abc, sieve condition, biscuit powder quantity and any problems or things to be taken care in the section. temperatures of chilled water or hot water as per requirement .
2. Sugar grinder and sugar automation check spillages of sugar, air balloons condition, check sugar (dosing) quantity with standards.
3. Creamer check all the ingredients you are dosing in to the creamer, check the creaming time and check the cream transfer system (whether total cream is getting transferred in to the mixer or not.)
4. Check the Maida system and Maida quantity
5. Check all the ccps sieves, magnets and metal detectors
6. Check mixing time for better consistency to get required stack length, required dimensions, good finish, better appearance and best quality.
7. Maintain dough temperature, standing time and keep the dough covered.
8. Check the over profile Temperatures zone wise, moisture damper position and main damper position and burners running condition.
9. Check the baking time weight, moisture stack length, dimensions, colour (top and bottom), texture, finishing and taste of the biscuit.
10. Have a round in biscuit grinding room and check for the sieve condition and give instructions to people to follow fifo system
11. Have a round in cream preparation room and check for the cream quality and consistency
12. Check all the formats and put signature every one hour duration.
13. Check whether the biscuits getting stacked properly or not
14. Check the packet sealing condition, print quality poly bag sealing and tape condition
15. Be alert at shift change time and allocate labour properly as per standard allotment.
16. Check the packet quality sealing quality, printing quality, poly bag sealing, cb filling and taping and finally shift the cb to a correct place in the finished go down. (every one hour duration)
17. Communicate to your superiors all the time whatever the problems you are facing in the section.
18. Achieve the target production as per given standards.
19. Control defectives biscuits defectives generation within given standards and laminate wastage in given standards. 20. Finally handover the shift in good condition no left over dough, no back log left, no defectives packets left, no semi finished left and plant in good hygienic condition.
20 . Plan any change over for packing machine .
21 . Observe malfunction of plant and machinery and record / report to engineering section for suitable action .
22. Segregate / weigh and record defectives and waste which are then moved out for scrap .
23 . Adjust baking time . speed of plant as per quality demand .
A successful stint in production role could increase the chance of an individual to take responsibility of Factory head or General Manager later in professional career .