- Name , trade name or description of food
- List of ingredients in descending order of their composition by weight and volume
- Specific declaration for added permitted colours/added flavours and their class
- Symbol of Veg / Non- veg food ( Green coloured circle in a square with green outline for vegetarian food and brown colour filled circle inside the square with brown outline for non-vegetarian food )
- Net weight or number or measure of volume of content
- Month and year of manufacture /packing
- Best before date with storage condition
- Nutritional information or Nutritional facts per 100gm or 100ml or per serving of the product
- The food in which hydrogenated vegetable fats or bakery shortening is used shall declare on the label that " Hydrogenated Vegetable Fats or Bakery Shortening used - Contains Trans Fat "
- Where a health claim of " Trans Fat Free" is made then the Trans Fat shall be less than 0.2g per serving and in case where the claim " Saturated Fat Free" is made then the saturated fat shall not be more than 0.1gm per 100gm or 100ml of food .
- Nutritional information are not mandatory in case of raw agricultural commodities like wheat , rice , sugar ,cereal spice and condiments , table salt or non - nutritive products .
In case of any complaints consumer can log in to
www.core.nic.in or call 1800 180 4566
other important site on food safety guidelines are
food safety and standards authority of India ( FSSAI) www.fssai.gov.in
Ministry of consumer affairs , Food and Public Distribution www.fcamin.nic.in