Common problem during baking process in bread manufacturing is of collapsed bread during baking .This of course can be detected from fermentation and proving stages to do corrective measure the only disadvantage in bread production process is it cycle time which are as long as depending on the process adopted such as direct method chroleywood or sponge - method . It could vary from 4hrs - 2 hrs in for bread different styles of bread manufacturing .
Effect on bread
Effect on bread
- Flattened( Collapsed) bread have large holes
- Collapsed bread texture
- Sour taste
- Use of weak flour could lead to weak texture which can not hold the
- Ambient temperature and quantity of yeast added
- Excess Fermentation - Qty of yeast or duration given for fermentation/Standing time
- Less salt or low salt during mixing process
- Deviation from standard mixing time /
- Improper water addition
- Over Proving
- High dough temperature check the temp of ingredient added plus ambient temperature higher the temperature higher would be the yeast activity which would over ferment the dough
- Excess humidity in prover .
- Use strong flour - check parameter of flour before using it for production
- Reduce yeast quantity
- Reduce fermentation time
- Add salt of normal or standard quantity
- Reduce water quantity during mixing from earlier mixing
- Check proving time
- Reduce the dough temperature- check ingredient temperature . use chilled water if required .
- Reduce the final prover temperature - check the dough lift in the moulds to adjust the proving time
- Adjust the humidity